Monday 7 November 2016

About the area in pictures!

This is the next bridge along the river Sumida to the on I cross every day.  Th only differnce is the colour - min is green. Each one is a different co;our to help you know where you are.
Imprial Palace outlying area

Fountains at the edge of the Palace
 
W
Wouldn't want his job - have you counted those windows!!


Gate house to the Palace (or similar) - main ntrance on the left of photo - quite a walk away. Pity thy didn't clan the pond!
Looking th other way
Sorry about the blue thing in the picture - it is a man on a cherry-picker pruning the shrubbery!

Impressive press-ups in the car park before he went on to do more exercises then just walked away.

Thought you might like this sign!

Western style toilt designed for non westerners as there is insufficient leg room to adopt a normal position.....I have my back against the wall to take the picture and there was not enough room to put your fet in front of you! THink what it would be lik for large Dutch or Germans!
THe couple with their backs to us in the picture approached me asking my nationality. They work for Japan radio and were looking for Americans - assumably to interview them on their views of the American elections. .
Now searching for the first garden....am I lost? Pruning is being done here as well!
Phew - I found it - but do I really need the instructions? Obviously someon neded to knoww not to try and stand/balance in position on top of the porclaine!

Took a bit of finding - but worth it in the end!

Traditional design!

Another stopping point along the way - had green tea (matcha) and it was good, served in a bowl, but too small!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Sylvia,
    Absolutely love your write up of your journey, you give very nice clear descriptions I feel I am there with you, love all the pics as well.take care, want to see your notes on the exhibition,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete