Sunday 20 November 2016

Beppu ..other things to do 3.

Just remember I didn't tell you about my latest McDonalds....they do a lovely minestone soup!!

 Anyway that is not the point of the exercise!!  Another thing I haven't yet relayed to you was the lady in the book store. We had quite a conversation and the result was that she offered to give me the kimono etc that she wore when she was 3. Her daughter had a new one and she said this had lovely embroidery. As the offer came out of the blue I was mega surprised and delighted. We exchanged details and she said that she would bring it to my hotel the following day as I was going to be out and about. All was well and I left feeling I had a new friend.  However, as can happen, when it came down to it she couldn't find it, but in its place had made a little chop stick holder from papers and had written my name in kanji on it. One or two littel goodies were also in the packet.  I had left her a brooch which I explained was only a token compared to what I thought I was getting.  Lovely gesture from her so wasn't too disappointed. Perhaps her husband had told her not to be daft!!


I am back on the train again, this time as it is Monday and most laces of interest are closed,  am going to Osaka to look at the market. Hope it hasnt closed by the time I get there - it is supposed to be on today and tomorrow, but we'll see!  Mondays can be really difficult as you are trying to judge what you can see and if there is enough without a museum or gallery.  As long as it doesn't rain, I will be ok as can mooch about and take picturs of anything!!



This is the perfume bottle designer....reponsible for an enormous amount of famous ones many of which are on display.








...and these are much more modern of course!







Then there is all the scientific stuff about how we smell....






More perfume bottles....







...and finally if you had crossed the appropriate palm with enough yen you could make your own perfume....this would be your work station for the half hour class - decided against trying this as with no Engish spoken here,  I feared for the result!








So I left the factory and started to walk the several mile trek, taking photos all sorts of things on the way!!  From time to time it rained a bit bu nothing more than drizzle, so I just kept going.....

Spotted these windows along the way - bet they look good from inside!













Another manhole cover - different I think!



And another plant that grw more than I realised.....we call them weeds!!


What else would you o in the rain except poke about an old cemetery !!





 Just one of many family crests I recorded....









Another big spider....



Good use of local stones........





I liked the old style house but with the sky dish and note the bike.







Diesel prices...


 A building site with tons of poles

and manholes in colour too...

 Not THE red button....but just to gt the lights to change...very rare to see these as normally you just have to wait!





Proof that I am by the sea....



Lest we forgt the potential dangers....




Fancy a sand bath.....

It is also a port with a ferry service...






Gambling is big business....also lots of Pachinko slot machine 'houses' so big they are more like factories!  Wonder if the character on the manholes is a pac-man?



More pavement art/advice...







Advertising big style in the centre of the road....they deserve more accidents!!












I think Beppu has more designs than anywhere else since I started looking for them!

Thats all from Beppu.....

Oita's next!

ttfn







No comments:

Post a Comment