Thursday 31 October 2019

Day 21 Wednesday 30th October

Well this is the last day of my trip and it will be a long one! As Japan was 9 hours ahead that will make this a 33 hour day. Normally I like the idea of more hours in the day, but today I think it will be beginning to tell on me!

Started the day well as woke up at 6 as planned and managed to be out of the hotel by 7, suitably showered and breakfasted....although didn’t have much!  Managed to go the right way back to the station with my 3 cases and got to the correct platform in time for the direct train to the airport.  When the train came it was way to crowded for me to squeeze on with luggage and I also was too far back in the queue. This is Japan and things happen on time so I decided to wait for the next one as would be in front of the queue.  This paid off and I got a seat after about 10 minutes. Just as well as this train wasn’t quite so quick due to the number of stops along the way.  Arrived at the airport about 9.20 and went straight to check in.  Had to queue here for about an hour or just over, but the important think was both suitcases were below the limit of 23kgs. Phew, with capital PH!

Returned the mobile WiFi which has proved to be well worth the cost. Japan does have quite a bit of free WiFi but on the whole is slow and when you are lost you can guarantee no free WiFi!

That was all the stresses dealt with, so now for departure lounge followed by first flight.  All ok so far, did sleep but not that much and films not that good but tolerable!  Now at Frankfurt waiting for boarding...at least 20 minutes left, then it will be the final leg underway!  Have no idea how long it will take to clear customs and get luggage but it will feel too long.

Had made sure that I had a few Euros so could get a drink but can’t find them....most likely in something odd inside big suitcase as couldn’t find them yesterday either!

I would like to thank you all for following my blog and hope you have enjoyed it.  Special thanks to the people who kept in touch and to my family for talking to me, sometimes at strange times - sorry Lynne!!

Hello also to Harue who I met when on the train to Tokyo.  I will keep in touch and thanks for the emails!

So another trip comes to a close and again I am thinking this will be the last time I go to Japan but I do have Denmark in mind for 2022 if I am still with it....at least it is closer and shouldn’t suffer from typhoons...or tsunamis (2016!).

Sorry no photos today as camera tucked safely away and don’t want to get locked up for taking pictures in airports!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment