Friday 11 October 2019

Day 2 Friday11th October.


Woke up this morning after a much needed sleep! Took my time as first destination didn’t open till 9.30, although that did become irrelevant! Skipped breakfast in favour of another delicacy from the patisserie, this time cranberry and white chocolate roll....yummy...should have had 2! I ate it when I finally arrived at Shirakawoen park, home to the Science Museum  and Nagoya City Art Museum.

Originally I had planned to get the 9 o’clock tourist tour bus, but missed that and was too impatient to wait 30 minutes for the next one, so with Google maps at the read I set forth.  Now the best way I can describe my route is a bit like going to Scotland from home via Wales and Northern Ireland!
Let’s just say Google maps took a bit of getting used to, and you need to keep checking your direction of travel....in the ideal world you will be going towards your destination!

It was extremely humid and I must have lost buckets of weight, that is till I refuelled on water which might just have equated to the fluid loss!

I arrived, hot sticky but keen to explore the museum. Had first to do a small photo shoot so here we go...
This is the fountain which was on a controlled loop. Reminded me of the dancing waters we went to see as kids.  Please note the red crane on the top of the building....now you have to wonder about howls  they got it up there!
The next picture shows the outside of the museum, complete with rocket launcher in the foreground.

The sphere houses the planetarium, amongst other things! I paid my 800 Yen and took the plunge. Cost just under a fiver, but what a magic place! I stayed for about 4 hours which included a
planetarium show which lasted 50 minutes.....sadly narration only in Japanese, but seats wonderful!
pictures excellent, music very good but did nod off for a few moments. Thankfully it was dark so hope I didn’t snore and give the game away!  Really sad no English translation as graphics looked as
if it would have been interesting even if educational.

Quite liked the ‘time peace’ in foreground in spite of having signs of zodiac around it. 




This is a closer view of a living wall which covered the left half of the front side of the museum.

The bottom part of the rocket launcher- thing it was part of the fuel storage part....




This is the capsule where men would have been, very tiny inside even though it is physically big!



Details of the launcher...

Now follows several shots from inside the Science Museum....quite the best museum I had the pleasure to visit. Wish James could have been with me as he would have loved trying all the exhibits out!











No comments:

Post a Comment