Friday 15 November 2013

Be impressed, be very impressed...and now you can be!!

Ah-hah! Now I can continue with what I was going to report from Dubai, but couldn't as the technology wouldn't work. I will have removed the other frustrated messages that I posted from Dubai - i.e. all those with the text in the title area as that was all that was available. I now suspect there might have been a security gizmo to stop unauthorized updates as it was a public computer in the middle of the departure lounge.

So to the final day spent in Kyoto. I awoke to the predicted deluge and was in no hurry to go out and get soaked First completed all the packing and weighting of stuff and prepared my parcel of clothes to send home as I knew I was over the weight limit. The parcel weighed just under 3kg and cost 2890 yen to post - luckily the clothes are worth more than the postage! It should arrive in about 3 weeks as it is coming surface mail - I won't be needing the stuff till next summer!

After the Post Office it was the familiar path to the station for a final flurry in Kyoto. I needed to go back to the museum of traditional crafts as I wanted to make notes about the Yuzen dyeing process and also have another look around. I could spend days in the place and when i return to Kyoto (!) I will definitely revisit it.

On the bus to the museum I noticed this wall art - really wonder what the words say!
Sorry quality bad on the few pictures for today as I had forgotten to alter the setting for ISO speed so they all are grainy! Just ignore it and don't enlarge the pictures!

 then 'jump' off the bus and leg it to the museum - at least teh rain had stopped but you can see the sky was still full of gloom!
 Not sure who this sculpture is - or if I posted it before - not time to check so sorry if it's a repeat.
Final picture is another angle of the rather strange sculpture outside the museum and exhibition halls
Once inside and back in the basement, it was time to get down to some serious studying - I just hope that I can decipher my rather lengthy notes - must try and type them up soon before I forget! I spent about 3 hours in the museum and could have spent longer but I had decided to add a final shiver of excitement into the latter part of the day..see the next post as I think it deserves an entry to itself! ttfn.



No comments:

Post a Comment