Friday 11 October 2019

Day 3 Saturday 12th

Before I get started, I need to remind you, or tell you about the weather.  Last trip there was a tsunami but nothing out of the ordinary as waves only 2 or 3 metres at the epicentre. It did make me realise how vulnerable all these treasures are, be they natural or man made.
Typhoon 19 is due to hit Japan on Saturday. I am hoping to get to Iga before that, but watch this space ...give me 24hours!

If I said it was raining now it would be an understatement! I am soaked from just above the knee down, but otherwise hot so hope I can forge evaporationof rain in trousers as I sit on the bus!
Have never experienced a typhoon so will be able to tick it off my list of things to avoid in future! So far just rain but no wind. Reports indicate typhoon will hit land later today so hope to be safe in my hotel by then. Not fussed about exploring Iga till after typhoon.....I am not a total idiot!

My tutor for Monday and Tuesday has changed since Gil Dye and Jean Leader, who were travelling via Dubai to Osaka have had their flights cancelled as Osaka airport closed for weekend for safety! Still, I now have a Japanese tutor so will be reintroduced to lace from a different viewpoint. I am not fussed but very sorry for all those facing disruptions - especially anyone on route!  Jenny has also stepped up to the mark and has foregone her place with Michael Hattori to run the ?karakumi or was it kakadai?  class in place of original tutor.  Not in the least surprised as JP is always willing to help. Well done though, as takes courage to be a stand in, when you have little or no time to prepare!


Have just been updating captions etc and noticed a bit of duplication. Sorry but have decided to leave it for now as still having a few issues using blogger.....anyone out there who can advise on reordering posts, I would be very grateful!


No comments:

Post a Comment