Sunday 20 October 2019

Day 11, Sunday 20th October

Today I caught the bus to Nagoya just before 9 a.m.  Was up early as the drums were being moved and a thoughtful soul was having a practise at 6.20 this morning. I awoke in panic thinking I had overslept!

After Nagoya I padded about for an hour and a half at the bus station waiting for connecting bus. Had lively chat with an Indonesian lady and her adult daughter. Off to visit the younger son in Toyama?  He worked for a zip company and although a city boy was a loner. Mum was wondering how he settled out in the sticks, several bus rides from civilisation! Hope all went well! 

Did a demo of braiding on a disc and the daughter said she was going to get a disc and get started!

Got the next bus - 4 hour journey with a few stops on the way - including one at Nanjo service station. This proved a bit of a disaster for me since after quick trip to restroom, I spotted ice cream!  Couldn’t pass up an opportunity, but oh, disaster....I left my baby camera behind!  Didn’t realise till later, but driver was good and gave me a phone number. The reception chap at the hotel was very obliging and called to try and locate my camera. I was hopeful since Japan is supposedly such a safe country with low crime etc etc. Anyway the upshot seems to be that camera is lost and gone for ever.  Only compensation for me is that I have been backing up pictures every night....thank goodness! 
Don’t suppos e it will appear so some lucky person has a good compact camera and 16GB card....feel more annoyed about the card than the camera! Ah well, grin and bear it!

Had taken some pictures en route but can’t show you....just amazed at the architecture and how flat the land has become!

Will try and get some good shots tomorrow as I rediscover Kanazawa.

Half watching the rugby...Japan and S Africa and score 3-14 to SA at present....makes a change from soaps in Japanese!

TTFN


No comments:

Post a Comment