Thursday 24 October 2013

What this blog is all about!

I am making what I consider to be a trip of a lifetime....and the countdown has begun! I depart on Monday 28th October for Osaka Airport in Japan, via Dubai. My final destination will be Kyoto where I will be based until my departure on November 15th, although I do plan visits to other cities and also to the area around Mount Fuji where I plan a couple of nights stay.

I have spent a considerable amount of time scouring the Internet and guide books to try and make the most of this wonderful opportunity.
I have booked everything myself so if it all goes wrong it will only be my fault!

I am travelling alone as my hubby has no interest in Japan. I, on the other hand, am extremely interested in the culture and especially in the textiles, be they woven, stitched or braided. Historical textiles are also of great interest so I will be visiting lots of museums too.

The blog will be a way for
people I know to keep in touch and to comment on my exploits. I might go slightly more barmy than usual without anyone to talk to, so I hope that keeping the blog will help me not to feel too lonely.
Finally the name of the blog is my response to the shocked looks when I say I am going alone - I will not be alone, my alter egos 'myself and I' will be with me too and with your help, the three of us hope to survive intact!

7 comments:

  1. You don't have imaginary friends as well, do you? I'm beginning to get worried!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog Sylvia, I look forward to seeing more of your epic journey. All the best.
    Jan Baker

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping you have a great time. I can't wait to see all the lovely pictures.....Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Travel safely you mad intrepid explorer of embroidery! Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a fantastic time Sylvia. Remember to follow your instincts rather than logic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blog seems to be operational, Hope you have finished packing leave the kitchen sink, Try not to miss any buses and planes . Have fun

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Sylvia, I'm so glad you mentioned this blog when we were chatting yesterday. I have made a start and will keep returning to read more. I need to get this one read completely before you launch your next adventure!

    ReplyDelete