Thursday 24 October 2013

Photo testing

As one of the main things I want to be able to share with my followers will be photos of things I have come across, I thought it would be a good idea to have a test run at how to post them.

On Tuesday a friend and I went to Hampton Court Palace to view the Litany of Loreto embroideries at the RSN. As you would expect, photography wasn't allowed, but I did get one or too nice pictures of autumnal colours - and just for a while, in the sunshine. Here are one or too pictures to show what it was like!
 
 This was the view of part of the formal gardens. What fabulous light!

 This child was having a lovely time splashing in the puddles.

This was part of a statue by the 'Long Water' - not sure who would have had the helmet with wings on it!

Finally a dahlia which was actually a very dark red but with pretty bright pink centre.  Anyway - that is enough for now......watch this space for further updates and please comment!




4 comments:

  1. Well I expect I shall be checking up on you frequently! The pictures have loaded up pretty well - test seems to have worked. I'm in awe that you're doing this alone. I travelled to Australia on my own, but I was met by my brother so it's not quite the same is it?
    Have a safe journey. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun.. I have subscribed to the blog and will look forward to following your trip.
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see Japan through your camera, Sylvia. Bon voyage and keep us up to date with your adventures.

    ReplyDelete