Tuesday 29 October 2013

Tales from Arabia - well sort off!


It is now after one in the morning local time in Dubai and as one does on holiday when it is hot, I have just had the most expensive ice-cream I think I will ever have. It cost something like £3.50 or 17.1 UAE dollars.  It was Haagen Dazs, but only a teeny weeny pot – 3 or 4 little spoons which were savoured for their luxury.

So far all is well.  My hand baggage was too heavy when it was weighed at Birmingham – must have been the sink (not!!) so I had to split it and put some in another bag which luckily I had! Anyway it is just more bags to lug about. I will definitely be lopsided at this rate.

I watched 3 films on the way to Dubai and also had one of the best aircraft meals I think I have ever had – hopefully Emirates will continue e good service. The complementary wine flowed plentifully too. The meal consisted of a marinated lentil starter with Feta cheese – lentils a bit hot for me but cheese ok – what there was of it! This was followed by little fillets of salmon and cod in a pepper butter sauce served with green bean and pea mix and a delicious lemon flavoured risotto. Pud was a praline and chocolate delice – nutty praline topped with chocolate sponge and encased in a rich dark chocolate sauce.

Next was cheese and biscuits followed by tea or coffee and a little slice of Emirates chocolate – splendid. The other choice for the main was Chicken tandoori – which I kept well clear off!

I thought I would record this info so far and will upload it when I arrive as there appears to be no freely available wi-fi connection in the airport – I suppose if I was First class there would be!  Anyway that’s enough for now – will now crawl along to gate B31 ready for the next leg of the journey. It is now 9.26 Uk time or 1.26 am Dubai time. My next flight is due to leave at 3 in the morning local time – the flight from Birmingham was half an hour late leaving but made up the time along the way – must have been the gales sending me on the way!  Signing off for now as need to repack to get laptop away! Ttfn.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you got connected! How did you manage with the password? I tracked your flight during the afternoon and saw that you must have had a good tail wind to arrive slightly early :-)

    ReplyDelete