Sunday 11 December 2016

Friday market photos

I think I told you that I had wandered around trying to find a museum and seen lots of strange characters outside shops...see what you make of them....



This was the marriage house.....no-one about today so obviously not a good day for weddings!

Another sign to add to the collection...

Now I am in the department store looking at all the kimono bits and bobs...I always head to this section as it is where you find the crafts i am interested in even if it is only made things for sale.







This si the small museum where they had all the ikat samples and the Noh theatre kimono...








This is the chap who took me around the weaving 'factory'  - limited photography allowed as they are anxious of copyright issues...








I was walking through one of the arcades when my ears were assaulted by the huge noise of drums banging.....it was a small troop of chaps who were giving their instruments some punishment....all very dramatic as the sounds built to a climax!

Yet more to drool over....
 £11,700 or more!












...that's over £14,000...just for the obi....and they end up on a market for sale at around 1000Y so bargain hunters like me can buy them and then have to pay surplus luggage charges to bring them home!!

I will be adding more posts and photos in the next few days, please stay with me while I try and finish documenting my journey.  Got to get up now as today is the big day...Ruth and Andy are moving in to London Road...yippee...we will not have to work quite so hard as the house won't be quite so available to us...they will be living in the chaos!  Hopefully we will all still be speaking by the end of the day! ttfn


No comments:

Post a Comment